1. The puppy I am raising belongs to PPAD and shall live with me for 12 to 16 months. Puppy shall be returned to PPAD upon request.
2. Puppy is to follow the training guidelines presented to me by PPAD.
3. Puppy is to attend approved obedience classes, either at PPAD or privately, or both, if deemed necessary.
4. Monthly progress reports are to be completed on the puppy and any medical, behavior, or training issues are to be reported immediately to PPAD Puppy Coordinator.
5. Regular vaccinations and all veterinary cost for the puppy shall be paid by the puppy raiser along with food and transportation costs to PPAD facility. The puppy is to remain intact unless the PPAD Puppy Coordinator informs otherwise.
6. All expenses incurred by raising this puppy are considered charity and thereby tax deductible. Please consult tax advisor for more information.
7. The puppy may be placed with a graduate in Colorado or Southern California. The decision about the puppy’s placement is to be made by PPAD’s professional staff.
8. The puppy must eat a quality dog food only (no human food is allowed). The puppy is not to be overweight.
9. The puppy shall live indoors and be crate trained.
10. The puppy is to be socialized by accompanying you to stores, restaurants, doctor’s offices, any place you may go. Puppy must maintain proper conduct while out in public and be in proper uniform (PPAD vest and on leash).
11. The puppy must be well versed in being handled for grooming, teeth brushing, and nail trimming.
12. The puppy’s safety is very important. It is not to be off leash unless in an enclosed, safe area. Long lines for leashes may be used.
13. The puppy should be well mannered indoors, be housebroken, and be able to toilet when on a six-foot leash. The puppy shall be supervised at all times.
14. If this agreement is not maintained, the puppy might be placed with someone else and/or I might not be eligible to raise another PPAD dog.
15. The PPAD professional staff is available to assist me with any concerns or problems I am having.
16. The puppy will attend a mandatory monthly meeting in Temecula or Colorado Springs.
17. You will not only receive love and joy from this experience, you will be helping another individual have a quality life.